garageremote 1.3d5 February 12, 2017
- Now correctly handles buttons that send one message on press and another on release.
garageremote 1.3d3 January 4, 2016
- Fixed a bug introduced by HUI Mapping that required two presses of a button to trigger GarageBand functions.
garageremote 1.3d2 December 29, 2015
- Fixes a crash on Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) when switching from Off to On.
garageremote 1.3d1 December 26, 2015
- GarageRemote now works with devices that transmit using protocols like HUI MIDI mapping. (Thanks again, Richard Turnnidge!)
- Fixed a problem with Help.
- New icon!
garageremote 1.2d2 December 13, 2015
- You can now "teach" GarageRemote the MIDI messages transmitted by your MIDI controller. This means setup is way, way easier. See GarageRemote's new help feature for details.
- Added Help.
- Fixed a crashing bug that could affect some users (Thanks Richard Turnnidge!)
garageremote 1.1d3 November 21, 2015
- Fixed a problem that could keep GarageRemote from staying on.
garageremote 1.1d2 November 8, 2015
- Fixed font and button art.
- More reliable version checking.
garageremote 1.1d1 October 24, 2015
This is a pretty extensive rewrite to bring GarageRemote into the modern age.
The last time I touched GarageRemote's code was seven years ago, in 2008. A lot has changed since then. Apple has retired some old APIs on which I depended, moved to a purely 64-bit world, and introduced some new security features, all of which meant I had to rewrite a fair bit of code.
- New, simpler user interface.
- Adds support for the latest version of GarageBand.
- Support for 64-bit System Preferences (no more quitting and re-launcing in 32-bit mode).
- Code signed for GateKeeper compatibility.
- Option to show GarageRemote in menu bar.
- Requires Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later.
garageremote 1.0.13 June 26, 2008
- Fixed problem when installing GarageRemote on Leopard that can make System Preferences appear to hang.
garageremote 1.0.11 June 8, 2008
- Fixed a bug that prevented certain keyboards from working at all. If you've had trouble in the past, you should give this a try. Special thanks to Jack Barnett for his help in tracking this bug down.
- Note that Mac OS X has a security feature that brings up an alert the first time any downloaded application is run. The GarageRemote listener is a small application that runs in the background, and under Leopard the first time it is launched there can be a considerable delay (up to 30 seconds or so) before the alert comes up. During this time, System Preferences can appear to be hung. Just wait it out, click the alert's 'Open' button when it appears, and from then on, everything should be fine.
garageremote 1.0.10 July 1, 2007
- Fixes for international users. If your Mac uses a non-US keyboard layout and you were experiencing difficulties with GarageRemote, this version should work better for you.
garageremote 1.0.9 June 25, 2007
- Recent bug fixes broke some existing configs. This release allows those configs to work again. (Phew!)
garageremote 1.0.8 June 24, 2007
- Fixed a bug that prevented System Realtime Messages (FA, FB, FC, etc.) from working.
- Download now incudes "MIDILogger" to help debug tricky situations.
garageremote 1.0.7 June 24, 2007
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented longer MIDI messages from working correctly.
garageremote 1.0.3 July 27, 2006
- GarageRemote now works on Intel based Macs.
garageremote 1.0.2d1 December 6, 2004
- fixed problems running on systems that have non-US keyboard layouts. Specifically, this version should fix the problem European users may have had trying to map GarageBand's "Back" command.
garageremote 1.0.1d31 May 27, 2004
- fixed a problem that could cause the UI to bog down when receiving lots of controller information (pitchwheel data for example)
- fixed a problem that required restarting the listener to make mapping changes take effect
- fixed a problem that required MIDI messages to be terminated by F7
- made more room for editing MIDI messages
- auto-update checking now actually works
garageremote 1.0d1 March 24, 2004
- initial public release